Happy holiday’s to Chicas Latinas members, volunteers, friends and family! We miss our community dearly and are working hard to identify opportunities to give and stay engaged with the Sacramento Latino community. We’ve been in contact with many of the local organizations we regularly work with and are working to identify safe ways Chicas Latinas can volunteer and continue making a difference in our community this holiday season, and beyond — virtually or at a safe 6-foot distance. Here’s hoping in-person gatherings are in our near future. In the meantime…
Here’s how you can give in Sacramento, this holiday season:
- Volunteer: Chicas Latinas is looking for 2-3 volunteers to help wrap gifts for WEAVE’s “Winter Wonderland” on Friday Dec. 18, from 1-4pm — for Sacramento area families. Can you help? Email us: email@example.com
- Donate to The Sacramento Children’s home via its Holiday Giving Program, adopt a child (family from the nursery) or donate gift cards.
- Donate to Sacramento Loaves & Fishes and follow them on social media, where they often post urgent/timely needs.
- Join our Program & Events Committee, and help us start planning for a reemerging in 2021! Meetings are evenings via zoom, all are welcomed. Email for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s where you can find some holiday cheer:
Join La Familia Counseling Center, Inc. on Friday, December 11th at their Maple Neighborhood Center from 3-5pm for our Annual Posada Navideña. It will be a safe drive-thru event, following social distance guidelines. Sacramento families will be able to enjoy Christmas decorations, goodie bags, raffles and even an appearance from Santa!
- On Dec. 20, check out The Latino Center of Art and Culture’s “LA PASTORELA DE SACRAMENTO.” Expect a modern (Zoom) version of Mexico’s traditional Christmas pageant, registration is free!
And lastly, we’d be honored if you become a Chicas Latinas donor. Chicas Latinas’ has done ZERO fundraising for its own costs this year. Whether you’re able to contribute a one-time donation or a reoccurring donation — every donation adds up and helps us reach and stay active in the Sacramento community. Can’t donate? Share our efforts with your network and/or join us as a volunteer! (Extra points if you’re the digital type.)
Happy Holiday’s from Chicas Latinas de Sacramento!