This is an exciting year for Chicas Latinas de Sacramento, because we turn 10 years old in April!!! (That’s right, our lil’ ol’ Latina nonprofit organization has made it to double digits.)
To celebrate, we’re doing a call for committee members. We have a powerful leadership team who, year after year, organizes amazing community events, volunteer teams and activities for Sacramento ~ and as we enter into our next decade it’s time to invite new people and ideas to join the giving fun. We believe in the power of Latina leadership, and providing a path to leadership roles.
2019 At A Glance:
- Sacramento Crisis Nursery Volunteer Events (next one is 2/2/2019… one spot left!)
- Chicas Latinas de Sacramento’s 10 Year Anniversary Part-ay (help us plan!)
- Chicas Latinas’ Annual Scholarship Awards and Fundraiser Events (we have some exciting fundraising events in the works)
- Chicas Latinas’ Annual “Starting Off on the Right Foot” Shoe Drive (we love this event, and know you will too!)
- YOUR IDEAS! (seriously, if we build it… they will come.)
Aside from giving in the community, being part of something inspiring and powerful, and learning how to create movements, committee members become part of the Chicas Latinas family ~ and have access to Latina mentorship, support, and leadership! Joining our planning committee is an opportunity to learn, grow, network, and add some serious sparkle to any resume.
Curious? Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org and/or join us at our next meeting on Monday February 11, 2019.
High School and College students encouraged to join!