The back-to-School countdown has officially begun… and Chicas Latinas de Sacramento is working hard to provide EVERY child at our sponsored elementary school with a new pair of shoes for the 2018-19 school year. Only ONE MONTH LEFT TO DONATE to 2018 “Starting Off on the Right Foot” Shoe Drive, benefiting D.W. Babcock School!!!
We’re halfway to our goal of collecting 600 NEW pairs of shoes!
Kicking-butt is a community effort ~ Help Spread the Word and/or Donate
Why we do what we do…
“When I first learned of our 2018 sponsored school, my stomach dropped. The selected school fit our criteria and was deserving of our sponsorship and support, but there was something my board members didn’t know — D.W. Babcock was my elementary school. Chicas Latinas’ board and committee members justified their selection by sharing stats and painting the portrait of a school and children in need of community support… and I found myself transported back to a time when I was a child, in need of support, and feeling incredibly small because of it. Needless to say, this year’s selection hit close to home. That was my school, and I was that kid.” – Read more: http://bit.ly/ShoeDriveNewHope
Donate online: https://clshoedrive2018.eventbrite.com
Check donations can be mailed to Capsity, 2572 21st St.
Sacramento, California 95818, Attn: Chicas Latinas de Sacramento.
Drop-off NEW shoes at the below sponsors’ locations:
- Sacramento Republic FC – until Aug. 4th
2421 17th Street
Sacramento, CA 95818
- Living Roots Chiropractic – until Aug. 31st
900 Fulton Ave
Sacramento, CA 95825
- Hugs Alternative Care – until Aug. 31st
2035 Stockton Blvd
Sacramento, California 95817
- RCP Sacramento – until Aug. 31st
1508 El Camino Ave
Sacramento, California 95815
- Aug 1: #TeamChicas Running Group
- Aug 4: Chicas Latinas night with Sac Republic FC
- Aug 7: Marketing & Community Outreach Committee Mtg.
- Aug 11: Sacramento Crisis Nursery Volunteer Day (4 spots left!)
- Aug 13: Programs & Events Committee Mtg.
- Aug 15: #TeamChicas Running Group
- Aug 26: Chicas Latinas’ Self-Defense Workshop
- Aug 29: #TeamChicas Running Group
- Sept 1: DEADLINE TO DONATE TO “STARTING OFF ON THE RIGHT FOOT!”
Every other Sunday at 8 a.m., volunteer to Help Feed the Homeless with CAFFE at Cesar Chavez Plaza!
#TeamChicas meets every other Wednesday evening for run/walks. Follow us on Facebook for timely updates.
TBD Scholarship Committee Mtg. (contact)
Give, while you shop:
Chicas Latinas is linked to #amazonsmile! Shop for your
“Starting Off on the Right Foot” Shoe Drive donations at smile.amazon.com and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Chicas Latinas De Sacramento!